Welcome to Dhikala Forest Resort
Dhikala is most popular & loved tourist accommodation Jim Corbett National park area, Dhikala is a Paradise Awaiting The Dhikala Complex is most sought after place to stay at, Herds of Chitals, Elephants are seen from the complex itself, Which attracts park visitors enormously. Dhikala stay is once in lifetime experience , Dhikala is accessible via Ramnagar , Dhangari gate is main entrance for Dhikala Forest Rest House, Dhangari gate is located 19 kms away from Ramnagar and Dhikala Tourist Complex is 32 Kms away from Dhangari Gate. Dhikala is open for tourists from 15th November to 15th June. Dhikala is inaccessible in Monsoon period. As we all know Dhikala is most popular part of Jim Corbett National Park , Dhikala Forest is known as core area of Jim Corbett National Park, Dhikala is located right in middle of Corbett National Park, Dhikala forest lodge overlooks Ramganga Reservoir . Dhikala Forest Rest House is situated 43 Kms away from Ram Nagar town. .
Entry Gate to Dhikala zone - Dhangarhi Gate
Dhikala is the largest and most beautful zone of corbett national park with most of the safari routes on the side of Ramganga river. Dhikala is the named after the chaur or grassland od dhikala which is one of the biggest grasslands in asia. The tourism area of dhikala zone has sal forests, mixed forests, river beds, grasslands supporting life of varied species of wildlife. Ramganga river is the lifeline of dhikala zone and is the reason for good density of wildlife in the region. Every season brings new forms of beauty in dhikala zone and is a treat for those who love nature and wildlife. It is also a great place for those who wish to relax in the natural environment away from the polluted cities. Dhikala is one of the few places in the country which It is the only zone of corbett national park which has huge population of crocodiles and gharial maggar.
General information for visitors
- Dhikala forest rest house and Gairal forest rest house are the only two forest rest houses in dhikala zone which offers canteen serving buffet meals. All the other forest rest houses have kitchen facility attached and guest have to bring their raw ration which can be cooked in the kitchen.
- It is not allowed to walk inside the national park other than the fenced area of the campus of your rest house.
- Even if visitor is staying in forest rest house, safaris will happen only as per the scheduled timings of safari, which are decided by forest department and the timings of safari change from one season to other.
- It is not allowed to take private vehicle inside Corbett national park and visitors can only take green colored gypsies registered with forest department for safari and stay. The vehicle will stay with the tourists for the complete duration of its stay inside corbett national park.
- Smoking and drinking inside corbett national park is an offense.
- It is mandatory to have guides during safaris in dhikala zone. The guides are available at most of the forest rest houses inside dhikala zones.
- Accommodation inside the national park is basic with no TVs, Acs and most of the rest houses don't have electiricty supply either. Anyone plannning to stay inside the national park should have expectations only in terms of natural beauty and not for luxury by any means. In case one can not compromise on luxuries, there are luxurious private resorts available on the periphery of the national park.
- All the meals inside national park are vegetarian. It is not allowed to carry non veg inside the national park.
- Littering inside the national park is not allowed and tourists are requested to carry litter bags available at dhangarhi gate of dhikala zone and carry back all the litter.
Some of the major safari routes and tourist attractions at dhikala zone and their proximity to respective rest houses are mentioned below
- Dhikala chaur, Thandi sadak, Mota saal, Sambar road - Near Dhikala forest rest house
- Kamarpatta road, ramsing road and chaur, phulai paar, high bank - Near Khinnanauli rest house
- Champion road, High bank, gorkha sot - Near sarapduli forest rest house
- Crocodile point, Gairal tiraha, shikari batiya - Near Gairal forest rest house
- Sultan sot, shikari batiya, saaj garhi sot - Near sultan forest rest house
- Though we have mentioned the proximites of different safari routes with forest rest house but tourists staying in any forest rest house in dhikala zone can visit all safari routes in dhikala zone.
Forest Rest Houses in Dhikala zone
There are 5 forest rest houses / Lodges in dhikala zone for tourists.
- Dhikala forest Lodge
- Gairal Forest Lodge
- Sarapduli Forest Lodge
- Khinnanauli forest Lodge
- Sultan Forest Lodge
Commonly Found mammals in Dhikala Zone
Tigers and elephants and the most prized mammals in dhikala zone but if someone is genuienly interested in viewing complete wildlife, then dhikala has huge diversity of mammals. Some of the other commonly found animals found in dhikala zone are leopards, deers (Sambar deer, Spotted deer, barking deer and Hog deer), Jackal, crocodile, sloth bear, himalayan black bear, crocodile, gharial, python, king cobra, common cobra, krait, porcupine and many others. For birds, Dhikala zone in corbett national park is a paradise with diversed flora and more than 530 species have been recoreded in the area. Some birds fund are resident birds of corbett national park and others are migratory. Some of them are winter visitors and some are summer visitors.